Saturday, January 7, 2012

Getting Ready

January 7, 2012

Welcome to my initial blogging effort! With thirteen days to go until I leave for Bhutan, things are starting to get crazy. Yesterday I received my flight itinerary from the Bhutan Canada Foundation - I have a six hour layover in Bu rain! My first response was six hours???, then it dawned on  me to wonder where in the world is Bu rain. This whole trip is going to be a terrific geography lesson. From there it is on to Bangkok, then Paro.
We then spend two weeks in Thimphu for orientation and shopping trips to buy all the furnishings for our housing.
None of this would have been possible without all of you! Thank you so much for your prayers and financial support.

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog! Thanks for the posting in Facebook. Looking forward to following your adventure on the blog.

    Be careful, but enjoy. God bless and keep you under His wing! Stay blest. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Delaine. Glad you arrived in Thimphu, Bhutan in one piece. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures this year. Take care. We miss you and love you in Texas!!!

    ReplyDelete